How Amazon Works
Written by Alicia Rivera on May 21, 2019
Amazon is an American multinational e-commerce store originated from Seattle, Washington deals with cloud computing, digital streaming, etc. it is one of the big four technological companies like Google, Facebook and Apple. Amazon is one of the best and proved multinational company earning the highest revenue and the second largest employer in the US. According to market capitalization, it lies in the second number in the world.
Amazon deals with two types of working pattern as the first one is selling products by opening a store and the second one is how you buy products from the Amazon store. Let’s discuss each step by step so that everything becomes clear.
Fulfillment Process as a Seller
Define Your Circle
Circle definition is about making a boundary around yourself that how much you want to expand your business. Make a deep observation in your society and understand the opportunity or need where you can get the benefit. Amazon offers you to sell your products locally or internationally. Define regions or areas where you want to sell products through Amazon and what would be required for it. How much tax would be impacted and how you have to go with it? Which strategy should be more reliable for entering in the market?
Set up Fulfillment by Amazon
If you are a seller and want to sell products on Amazon then you need an account for opening a shop or a store. Add your account as a seller. If you don’t have an account then register yourself and get start your work.
After getting your fulfillment Account, make a list of your products and add them to the Amazon catalog at a time. Maintain your inventory through a management store and you can get management software via Amazon’s API. Try to include your products in bulk and let the products appear on your store’s front page.
Now make sure that your added products are valid and safe from all perspectives so that once they reach to the customer they find it secure and safe. If you need shipping facilities then Amazon also provides shipment which delivers the products at your customer’s door.
Shipment to Amazon
Once you get the shipment plans from Amazon and now you need to ship your products to Amazon so that they can deliver to your customer timely send safely. Make a list of your shipping plans that you got, engage discounted partner carriers and then ship them to Amazon. After that track amazon shipment centers and get confirmation. Some amazon online tools are also working to track the whole process easier.
Amazon Shipping Process
Customer who orders the first get the product first and is also eligible to get some discount offers either on products or on the delivery process. Customers who need products first gets through Amazon warehouses, high-speed picking, and sorting system. Customers can get tracking information through the Amazon help center.
Amazon provides customer support on some products which it delivers directly or indirectly. Amazon has made a team which handles queries and complaints of customers. After receiving orders customers are suggested to let their team know about their valuable feedback so that they can make improvements. Amazon help center remains open for 24 hours and customers can place inquiries regarding products and request for the payment refunded. But make sure to make complaints a week or 7 days after receiving your order.
Amazon Fulfilling Process
After seller addition, Amazon’s work starts and order is completed in the following steps.
- Whenever a customer makes an order Amazon places the order in the pending list. Inventory is managed by subtracting the number of products that are available in listing from the real quantity. If there is only one product in listing item and customer has placed an order for that item then your list would be empty. Amazon will appear zero quantity in a specific list of your inventory management store. Pending orders still appear in non dispatched order and before shipment. Amazon confirms its delivery which gives the buyer an opportunity to cancel the order. If the buyer cancels the order then canceled order will appear in manage orders list as canceled one. Order verification and payment methods take 21 days to complete. If a customer contacts you within shipment duration and appeals to cancel the order then refer him/her to Amazon help or customer support center.
- After ordering the item, Amazon verifies the customer’s contact details and validate the buyer’s payment method. Managing orders consist of 3 different steps like pending, non dispatched and canceled orders.
- After verifying the payment methods Amazon follows these steps.
- Alter the status to non dispatch.
- Send a confirmation email to the buyer with estimated delivery time and payment method with delivery charges.
- Sends a notification of your ordered item as a reminder.
- All these steps are followed and status is changed. But once an order status is an non dispatched then the seller must fulfill or cancel the order. After canceling or fulfilling the order the buyer is capable of leaving feedback according to your service facility and product quality. At this step, Amazon expects sellers to maintain their inventory record at best so that failure and error chances can be reduced. Once you fulfill your inventory at best means that you’re going to get excessive pre-fulfillment cancellations.
- When you reach to a fulfillment step then get a delivery address from such location. Order details page, orders report and non dispatched orders report. Amazon takes extra care of buyer’s personal information and makes it secure by hiding his email address in Sold or ship now confirmation email.
- Ship order to the mentioned buyer’s address and get payment.
- Amazon after shipment sends a confirmation email to the buyer. Orders are completed from the manager orders page and shipping confirmation file is uploaded. In case, when buyers don’t get the order they can confirm about shipment within 30 days of the order date. If the buyer doesn’t do like this Amazon can cancel the orders automatically and buyers can’t claim for payment refund.