CELINE DION THE LEGEND
Written by Ashley Willard on July 10, 2019
Celine Dion has been one of the most favorable musicians through her life career, she is loveable by millions of fans throughout the whole world, she is beautiful, eloquent and also acceptable as one of the greatest musicians. Her voice is an extraordinary one which is very special and uniquely easy to listen to and very soft. So far, she has won many awards around the globe and her voice often brings tears to the eyes of those who hear her perform. Her work has appeared in numerous films, including the blockbuster James Cameron film “Titanic”, where she performed the memorable and well known song, “My Heart Will Go On.”
Although she was born on the March 30th, 1968 in small town so called Charlemagne in Quebec and her full name is Celine Marie Claudette Dion while she was the youngest out of the 14 children of her family in a large family that has a lot of passion for music, because of the real talent she had, she started singing at a young age, where she normally perform at the family piano pub bar on the weekends. Celine started her singing career at the young age of five and by twelve, Celine, her brother, and her mother wrote a song, which changed the course of her destiny. During that period she and her family released their first track single. When a producer called Rene Angelil heard this track he was captivated by Celine voice and he said that there was a major talent here. It was in 1981, when Angelil mortgaged his house to invest in her first album.
Her debut single includes “Ce N’etait Qu’un Rêve” (It Was Only a Dream) which was released in June 1981 in co operation with her mother and brother.The single emerge best top 20 of the Quebec single chart and landed her on the debut full-length La Voix Du Bon Dieu (Super Etoiles/Saisons), which was released in November of that same year. Under the record label of producer and manager René Angélil, Celine Dion went on to win “Top Performer Artist ” and “Best Song” at the 1982 Yamaha World Popular Song Festival live in Tokyo and multiple Felix Awards which she received in her native Quebec for her second and third effort, Tellement J’ai D’amour…, which won Best Pop Album, although she was a Newcomer of the Year, and Female Vocalist of the Year. The album was certified platinum in Canada while leaping to France, where it also became a hit and topic of the entire headline on the newspapers in 1981. Up up till today, she has won several awards.
She later learned English so that she could spread her music to the English world which she later finally emerge as a pop singer in English version. Some of her tracks when she was singing in French are “Ce N’etait Qu’un Rêve” (It Was Only a Dream, La Voix Du Bon Dieu (Super Etoiles/Saisons and these also became hits when she started using English language version “The Last to Know”. “Have a Heart” and “Unison”. In 1992 she drops more awesome hit tracks such as “Beauty and the Beast”, “If You Asked Me To,” “Nothing Broken but My Heart,” and “Love Can Move Mountains.” The Color of My Love Falling Into You, Let’s Talk About Love, Because you loved me, A New Day Has Come, My heart will go on.
Away from the public eye, Celine Dion, and Rene Angelil began a silent romantic relationship which finally was subtly unveiled in 1993. Celine Dion got married to Angelil in 1994 and has one son, Charles Rene. Angelil was Dion’s manager for a decade and also won a lot of awards alongside with Celine.
When looking for Celine Dion collectibles there are a variety of manners by which you can obtain what you are looking for. For starters, Celine Dion spends a great deal of her time working with charities and other philanthropic groups. At times she has put many of her personal items up for auction in order to bring money in for these organizations.
Those are some incredible fact about Celine Dion so far,
- Did you know her powerful talent led her to the First Recording Contract on the age of 12 with her Mother?
- Did you know René was already managing a popular French singer, Ginette Reno when Celine’s brother sent him a demo tape of a song Celine wrote with her mother? After also listening to her perform in person, he mortgaged his own home to finance her debut album, La Voix du Bon Dieu (The Voice of God).
- Did you know Her Wedding To René Was Broadcast Live, Along with the guests arriving in person, Canadian viewers were invited to partake in the huge celebration when the two tied the knot in 1994. Céline was worried there would be a backlash to their relationship when she confessed her feelings for René to her fans the previous year but was happily surprised by their supportive response despite the couple’s 26-year age difference.
- Did you know she got remarried in 2000; she and René renewed their vows in Las Vegas at Caesar’s Palace, the same casino where she now performs as their resident entertainer.
- Did you know that she speaks 5 Languages While all fans know the French-speaking singer has performed beautifully in both her native tongue and English, she has also shown her talent for languages by performing in Spanish, German, and Japanese?
This type of artists like Dion come once in a lifetime, her love for music is superb, a woman of destiny, who has followed her path to the top. After performing for over 35 years as a recording artist, Celine Dion has become one of the most exceptional legends of popular music, one of the most powerful and moving voices ever heard on earth. Very honest and humble woman who sings from the depth of her heart. It’s as simple and true as that – as simple and true as Celine. Thanks to Celine who showed us the meaning, magic and the power of music.